Thursday, February 02, 2006

Myspace

I'm a myspace.com user, and I find it's a fun way to keep up with friends who are also members. Recently, though, there have been a number of stories in the press, such as this one, concerning the use by minors. The linked story concerns private school students who brought the wrath of the principal down upon themselves with school-related posts online. I'm still not sold that the out-of-school comments should have such in-school ramifications. Also, though, I'm not a parent and if I had a teen at home I'd probably be trying to rein in rights to protect said teen from predators and scammers. From a Constitutional standpoint, though, there are certainly questions being raised concerning the rights of minors/students to use such forums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home