Monday, December 12, 2005

Forbes v. Blogs

Interesting article in a recent edition of Forbes magazine I stumbled upon (Nov. 14, 2005 print issue, sorry but I can't find an online article). The gist of the article was that a subset of bloggers tend to pick on a business and/or business owner, with charges real and imagined, and that said businesspeople are without any recourse against this powerful new technology. Which, of course, ignores whole volumes of law regarding defamation and publisher liability in a rush to paint a dire situation.

Libel and slander, on the internet or on the street, are obviously a problem for a business trying to build a reputation and goodwill. The article does have a good suggestion for businesses, in the form of utilizing "searchers" who scour blogs for mentions of the company. This is a task any technologically competent attorney ought to consider doing for existing clients or offering to new intakes. An attorney couldn't ethically create a flame war with bloggers or posters, but most certainly I/we could respond to attacks in a professional manner to safeguard a personal or business reputation.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to visit regularly. Keep blogging!

I have a website on Website Traffic which you might be interested in. Please check it out if you get some time :)

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Cool blog! I've bookmarked it and will make sure to visit regularly.

By the way, I've just completed a resource on how to make amazing cash online, if you wanna check it out for free, check this: Affiliate Money Machine

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I love your blog! Awesome! By the way, if you're ever looking for Business Mailing Lists, be sure to check out my site!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Your blog is awesome! I always look forward to your inspiring posts. By the way, did you know that recently the 7 dirty secrets eBay doesn't want you to know, was leaked? Check it out! eBay Secrets

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog; keep the posts coming! P.S. Check my site out if you get some time; it's at Cat Health Information

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Your blog is absolutely awesome! I love it! By the way, if you get some time, please check my site out; Karate and Martial Arts Tournaments

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Keep your awesome blog posts coming. If you get some time, please check out my Free Recipes and Free Cookbooks.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Lovely blog! Oh, by the way, if you ever get some time, please check out my absolutely awesome site at:

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :) Awesome blog! Oh, by the way, if you get some time, please check my site out at

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Healthy Dog Treats said...

Wow! Very interesting and inspiring! You might like this; check it out: Healthy Dog Treats

4:54 PM  
Anonymous network marketing said...

Hello there...

Awesome stuff; but do you know about network marketing?

8:47 PM  
Anonymous submit articles said...

Hey, what's up? Have you checked out my sites? They are: Content and Article Submission Human Resources Careers and Certification Military Aircraft and Careers and finally MP3 Players. I'd love your feedback!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous millionaire mindset said...

Ya, that is so cool! But I bet you don't know about millionaire mindset!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous seo said...

Hi there :)

I just came accross a new seo tool, SEO Elite and I thought that you might want to check it out. It's awesome and has worked very well for me.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous seo said...

Hey! Some really good tips on SEO and Keyword Research on this blog. I just reviewed the best keyword research tools on the net and I though you might like to read my reviews; you can check them out at keyword research tools reviewed.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous affiliate marketing said...

Hey there! Your blog is awesome! I always look forward to your inspiring posts. By the way, did you know that recently the 7 dirty secrets eBay doesn't want you to know, was leaked? Check it out at: eBay Selling Secrets

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home